We are seeking teachers who can help us to attain the highest educational standards whilst maintaining our friendly and caring atmosphere: something that all of us at Lanna value and cherish. You will join a supportive, energetic and enthusiastic team of teachers who are determined to make high achievement and enjoyment of school life a reality for all of our children.
Chiang Mai is a great place to live, gaining the status of most liveable province in Thailand in a 2007 government survey. Cost of living is low here, whilst quality of life is high. Come and join us!
Minimum requirements to teach at Lanna international School are a B.Ed. OR a bachelor degree, or higher, in an area related to the subject taught PLUS a recognised full teacher status qualification such as PGCE, Dip Ed, or MEd. We are unable to accept TEFL, TESOL or CELTA certificates as a teaching credential.
All new teachers receive a comprehensive orientation programme.
The LIST international teacher package includes:
- Bupa Thailand medical insurance coverage.
- Free education for two of your children (“yours” by birth or legally adopted), and half fees thereafter.
- Return flight to country of origin upon contract renewal. Provided every second year, from the end of the second year of service (or a cash bonus alternative).
- Free lunch each day.
- The school assists with relevant immigration, visa and Thai teacher license issues on your behalf, and pays the appropriate fees.
- Regular opportunities for funded Professional Development, both in Thailand and beyond (it is very much encouraged).
- Opportunities to contribute to the development of the school in a meaningful way through membership of committees and frequent consultation on important school issues. This is not a “top down” school; your opinions are considered, valued, and indeed expected.
Teaching Vacancies For 2017-18
Teacher of Primary School Music
Teacher of Middle School History and Geography
For the coming academic year we are in need of a qualified and motivated teacher of History and Geography. The successful candidate will be required to teach both subjects at middle school level, following a course based on the English National Curriculum. Depending on the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate there may also be an opportunity to teach either History or Geography to IGCSE level, following the syllabuses of Cambridge International Examinations. For the right candidate, being involved with the teaching of Travel and Tourism to A level may also be a possibility.
Previous experience of teaching within a British curriculum school is desirable but not essential. What is essential is appropriate qualifications, subject knowledge, and a high degree of adaptability and flexibility.
The school promotes high standards in all areas, and you will have the opportunity to work alongside dedicated, able and passionate teachers – qualities that the successful candidate will need to bring to our community. You will also be expected to take a full and active role in the life of the school; not only within your classroom and your own subject area.
Applicants should send a cover letter, CV and the contact details of 3 references to email@example.com
We welcome enquiries from any interested applicant for possible future openings.
Please feel free to contact the Head of school, Roy Lewis (firstname.lastname@example.org). When applying for positions at the school you should include a copy of your Curriculum Vitae/Resume, a covering letter, names/contact information of two referees and any other relevant documents.
Head of School (email@example.com)