Things are getting STEAMy at LANNA Secondary School… From August all Y7 to 9 students get a weekly STEAM focused session. The class aims to develop students’ critical thinking and problem-solving skills through hands-on experience of the relationship of the awareness of the relationship between Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics. this is fun, collaborative, team-based learning, with exciting topics including: Solar Power; Environmental Engineering; The Wonderful World of Food; Bridge Design and Engineering; Space travel and rockets; an Air Pollution and Sustainability.
Through the study of STEAM, students will:
· Learn to think outside the box.
· Feel more confident to express innovative and creative ideas.
· Feel more comfortable doing hands-on learning activities.
· Take ownership over their own learning.
· Work collaboratively with others.
· Understand the ways that Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics work together.
· Become increasingly curious about the world around them and feel empowered when problem-solving.